Sunday, May 16, 2010

Back from the World Series of Birding!

This afternoon, I returned from the 27th annual World Series of Birding in New Jersey. This year was my 4th year in the event. My team the Subadult Skuaz, consisting of Luke Seitz, Ian Davies, and me, finished with 188 species. This total was enough for us to claim first place in the youth division!

Although we had some misses, we had some good birds and had a great time.

Here is a picture of us at the Awards Brunch accepting the Pete Dunne Future Leaders of Birding award and advertising eBird.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5455499&id=337984317649


Finally, thank you to everyone who pledged for the team, drove us around (during scouting and on the World Series), and gave us scouting information!

As soon as I can, I will post a more detailed report of scouting and the big day.

No comments: