Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Costa Rica

I haven't posted here for a while, as I was enjoying the jungles of Costa Rica. I spent most of my time at El Zota Biological Station in the Carribean lowlands. March is supposed to be the dry season, but it rained every day we were there. It turns out, the storm was a fifty-year storm. We received a total of around 43" of rain! Despite the rain, I found over 160 species of birds, lots of frogs, some snakes, and an amazing number of butterflies.

I was in Costa Rica with a college class with professors Dr. Master and Dr. LaDuke. As a group, we saw around 180-190 species of birds. Other places we visited was Braulio Carillo National Park and San Jose.

Here are some photos:


Slaty-tailed Trogon:


White-collared Manakin:


Passerini's Tanager:


Rufous-naped Wren:

No comments: